released a new feature that enables customers to make low-cost international calls using PCs from anywhere in the world where there is Internet access. With SoftPhone, Pingo customers can use Internet-connected PCs to call any fixed or mobile phone and avoid access charges and high mobile roaming costs. The feature is particularly cost-effective for calls made from international destinations as the calls are charged at the same low per-minute rates as those originating from the United States.
Unlike traditional calling plans, prepaid calling cards, international calling cards and other VoIP services, Pingoallows consumers to purchase minutes on an as-needed basis. The service has no hidden fees, surcharges or further contractual obligation. Pingo Business
provides small and medium-sized businesses with service for up to 999 employees, allowing administrators to easily set individual spending limits, monitor use and manage balances through a single, centralized account.
All Pingo customers can use fixed or mobile phones to make calls; no additional equipment purchases or software downloads are necessary. Pingo SoftPhone can be used with PCs anywhere in the world where there is Internet access, enabling customers to avoid access and mobile roaming charges, while enjoying the lowest call origin rates. Pingo is owned by iBasis, one of the top three carriers of international phone calls in the world, and operator of the most extensive international VoIP network. Due to the scale efficiencies of iBasis, Pingo can provide substantial savings on consumer and small business phone service. Mobile phone customers in particular can save as much as 90 percent using Pingo.
Pingo offers easy online account management and minutes can be purchased via credit and debit cards and PayPal. Subscribers can also pay in four currencies, compare calling rates to any destination in the world, and interact with automated phone voice prompts in a variety of languages including Chinese, English, French, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian.
Other features of Pingo service include:
- RateWatcher: Allows customers to view rates from country-to-country with a "minutes tab" calculating exact calling minutes to particular destinations based on account balance;
- Customized Alerts On Rate Reductions: To take advantage of breaking rate reductions customers can receive automatic customized email alerts on the countries they call most.
- Automatic Account Recharge: Accounts can be set to automatically recharge when minutes are running low. An interactive voice response system also alerts customers of low balances, and by simply pushing the * key, funds can be replenished;
- Fast Speed Dialing/PIN-Less Dialing: Customers can call local access numbers and use speed dial to quickly connect. PINpass eliminates the need to enter a PIN number;
- Easy Account Management: Starting a Pingo account takes seconds, and with features such as history reporting and online management, phone budgets are easy to control;
- Security: Pingo's website is VeriSign Secured (a trusted provider of international transaction security). Pingo does not store credit card information on premises to eliminate hacking and accidental exposure of customer data.
Pingo and Pingo Business customers can access the service by phone in 35 countries, including the U.S., Australia, Canada, China, the U.K., France, Germany, Israel, Japan, Russia and Thailand. Pingo service via SoftPhone can be used with PCs anywhere in the world where there is Internet access.