releases its newest version of ooVoo 1.7 its face-to-face video chat service. ooVoo 1.7 continues to raise the bar of standards for online video communication by providing its users with its highest video picture resolution to date, featuring quality that increases the image-enhancing pixel count and quadrupling the video call screen sizes. ooVoo's popular video chat service provides for easy set up, automatically detecting compatible bandwidth and a wide range of webcams.
In addition, ooVoo is introducing new and improved features to help its growing community of users add friends and colleagues to their personal ooVoo contact list. The new features make it even easier for people to connect with friends, family and colleagues no matter where they are located. New ooVoo 1.7 features include:
- Call non-ooVoo friends -- ooVoo users can send friends that do not have ooVoo a 'Video Call Link', letting them quickly and easily join an ooVoo video call via a web browser without having ooVoo installed on their computer.
- Find Friends Wizard -- ooVoo users can search for and invite friends from within a wider range of online social environments such as email applications (GMail, Yahoo, Hotmail, America Online etc.), social networks (Facebook, Myspace, Friendster, Bebo, Hi5, BlackPlanet and LinkedIn), and messaging applications (Skype, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, AIM, GTalk, etc.). Once found, friends can be invited to join users on ooVoo by video message, email or instant message link.
- High Resolution Video -- ooVoo's high resolution video allows users to send 640x480 resolution to the participants on their video call. More pixels and a larger video window results in an amazing video call experience.
- Advertising -- The initial launch of advertising space within the ooVoo platform provides a new communication channel for media buyers and other marketing vendors.
ooVoo 1.7 has been configured to work with more web camera hardware than its competitors. In particular, ooVoo 1.7 will automatically detect if your webcam and bandwidth will support the high resolution calls without the need to manually modify settings.
With the adoption of ooVoo in more than 200 countries worldwide, ooVoo 1.7 supports 15 languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Turkish.
The ooVoo 1.7 features add to the range of capabilities that ooVoo offers through its free and subscriber options packages, which include:
- 6-way online video calls
- Video email messages
- Video call recording
- Multi-party phone and video calls -- up to 6 video and 6 phone participants at once -- including landlines and cell phones in the U.S. and Canada
- File transfer of files up to 25MB
- Video effects
- Instant text messaging
- PC/Mac cross-platform capabilities