expects revenues from the sale of VOIP products and related services to exceed $5 million in the year ending December 31, 2008, compared with less than $1 million in revenues during 2007.
This anticipated revenue growth will be driven by revenue-sharing and licensing agreements involving the Company’s new MyGlobalTalk technology. In addition, the Company may have the opportunity to realize further profits from the monetization of a portion of its growing intellectual property portfolio. The Company currently has patent applications pending related to over a dozen different additional important VoIP technologies, all of which are deployed today in the Company’s VoIP technology offerings.
The Company attributes much of the anticipated acceleration in revenue growth to its new patent-pending MyGlobalTalk technology, which has been met with great enthusiasm among current and prospective customers.
- MyGlobalTalk is an innovative, unique and proprietary software application developed internally by i2Telecom’s R&D team.
- MyGlobalTalk places Internet telephony in the hands of every cellular phone user, independent of wireless carrier technology, handset manufacturer, or the type of wireless carrier voice/data plan involved.
- Once MyGlobalTalk is installed on a cellular handset, users are able to call any telephone in the world directly from their cellular phones using VoIP technology, at a fraction of normal long-distance rates.
- MyGlobalTalk utilizes a prepaid, “pay as you go” plan structure and no long-term contract is required.
- Additionally, MyGlobalTalk is fully functional without requiring local access to the Internet or proximity to an Internet “hotspot.”
- MyGlobalTalk users also need not wait for the availability of dual-mode WiFi phones, because MyGlobalTalk provides the benefits of dual-mode phones at a fraction of the cost, using customers’ existing mobile handsets.
- MyGlobalTalk does not require carriers to participate, since users can sign-up independently for the service.