releases version 5.1 of 3CX Phone System for Windows. The latest version of the award-winning IP PBX has an integrated 3CX Tunnel which simplifies firewall configuration by channeling all VoIP traffic over a single port; making it easy for remote workers to connect to their company’s PBX and for Network Managers to connect different remote PBX systems between them. Traditionally, firewall configuration for remote SIP / VoIP systems and/or extensions can represent a challenge, because it requires many open ports.
Key advantages of the 3CX Tunnel:
- Easy firewall configuration – choose any port (ie. port 80) for seamless networking
- Remote workers do not need to edit the firewall configuration to be able to connect to the IP PBX from any location (ie. home, hotels, conference centers, airports, etc.)
- Mobility, productivity and cost-saving advantages for businesses from the integration of remote workers and branches to the company’s phone system
3CX Phone System for Windows allows businesses to completely break free from the restrictions of hardware-based, proprietary phone systems. Built on the open SIP standard, 3CX IP PBX interoperates with all popular SIP phones, VoIP Gateways and VoIP providers.
Main advantages of adopting 3CX Phone System for Windows:
Four available editions: Small Business, Pro, Enterprise and Free
- Increases mobility – allows remote workers to be seamlessly integrated to the company’s phone system
- Eliminates expensive telephone tag by using the inbuilt Presence feature
- Simpler phone system administration via a web-based configuration
- Vendor independent – significant cost savings by choosing VoIP provider and SIP equipment of choice
- Delivers unified communications technology by merging voice and data networks, allowing businesses to simplify real time delivery of information.
3CX Phone System for Windows is available in four editions: Free, Small Business, Pro and Enterprise, all supporting an unlimited number of extensions. The Free edition is limited to 8 simultaneous calls, whereas the Small Business edition supports up to 8, the Pro version up to 16 and the Enterprise edition supports up to 32 simultaneous calls. Call capacity can be expanded with upgrade packs. A detailed edition comparison table can be found on http://www.3cx.com/phonesystem/edition-comparison.html
3CX Phone System Free edition
A Free edition, supporting an unlimited number of extensions, is also available. The Free edition can be downloaded from http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/download-phone-system.html