has been selected by Level 3 Communications to join their Technology Alliance Program. The Level 3 Technology Alliance Program brings together industry-leading VoIP and data vendors to offer end users solutions that have been tested for deployment using the Level 3 Network. HBF's i-911 VoIP Solution, an enhanced 9-1-1 system providing emergency call handling, bundles HBF's database services with the Level 3 E-911 Direct service to provide VoIP service providers with an end-to-end E9-1-1 solution that is FCC compliant for both static and nomadic end users.
"HBF offers the perfect solution for VoIP service providers," said Kevin Torf, CTO for Intelliverse. "By leveraging HBF's nomadic E-911 service with Level 3's network, we've been able to provide our customers greater availability of our VoIP services and peace of mind that they have met the FCC's 9-1-1 regulations."
Features of HBF's i-911 VoIP solution within the Technology Alliance Program:
- Voice and location delivery from a VoIP emergency call
- Full FCC and CRTC compliance
- Subscriber address validation using the National Emergency Number Association guidelines based on Master Street Address Guide validation via HBF's SmartRoute Validation Data Base
- Support of nomadic and fixed location VoIP subscribers
- Support for "VoIP only" consumers who do not have a traditional telephone number for emergency dial back purposes
- Real-time web services provisioning
- Redundant network and data centers
- Reduced time to market for VoIP Service Providers and Enterprises
"The combination of HBF's i-911 solution, Level 3's E-911 Direct service and the support of the Technology Alliance Program provides full E9-1-1 support for nomadic and static VoIP users. The TAP relationship gives customers an industry leading solution by leveraging the expertise and capabilities of two companies who are leaders in their fields," states Jim Shepard, Executive Vice President for HBF.