Pando Networks has been selected by Skype
as a featured partner in the new Skype 3.0, to be released today. With the new Pando Extra, Skype users not only have enhanced file and folder transfer functionality but also the ability to subscribe to video RSS feeds from directly within Skype.
With the Pando Extra, Skype users can:
- Transfer large files and entire folders (up to 1GB) to Skype contacts and/or any email address
- Send to and receive from offline contacts or contacts away from their computers
- Enjoy super-fast, reliable and firewall-friendly file transfers with full auto-resume support
- Send multiple files to multiple recipients, simultaneously
- Post files (e.g. videos, photos, etc) to any web site, blog, MySpace etc.
- Subscribe to high quality Media RSS feeds
Using Pando's BitTorrent-based, patent-pending peer-to-peer technology, Skype users will now be able to send high-quality digital video or images via Skype IM.
"Pando and Skype users told us they wanted to use Pando with their Skype contacts. We listened," said Pando CEO Robert Levitan. "By combining the power of Skype's VoIP with Pando's 'media over IP,' Skype users can now share high- quality media easier than ever, creating a richer, more meaningful online media experience."
"Extras Manager is a new feature for Skype 3.0 which allows end users to Do More with Skype," said Skype Director of Developer Program Paul Amery. "For some time now we have been working to enable Skype as a distribution platform for 3rd party add-ons and applications. Applications such as Pando are important in generating new usage and new users for Skype and software partners. I am really interested to see how users take advantage of this feature."
In addition to the new collaboration with Skype, Pando Networks has previously partnered with Yahoo! on the Yahoo! Messenger Plug-in and, without collaboration, solved email attachment limit problems for users of Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail, Outlook and AOL Mail.