announces that its Dynamic IP product with SIP Trunking has been certified compliant with the IP Office 6.0 PBX from Avaya, a global leader in enterprise communications systems, software and services. PAETEC has also previously been certified on the enterprise-level Avaya Aura Communications Manager and Avaya Aura SIP Enablement Services.
SIP Trunking, short for Session Initiation Protocol, converges data, voice, and Internet communications onto a single high-speed, IP network that establishes the foundation for advanced communications capabilities. Certifying the interoperability of equipment such as the Avaya IP Office and IP networks ensures that businesses can achieve the full benefits of advanced collaboration capabilities.
PAETEC’s award-winning SIP trunking ensures the immense capabilities and efficiencies of VoIP while allowing customers to choose the bandwidth that truly meets their requirements, from a T-1 to DS-3, Ethernet or greater.
Other benefits of PAETEC's SIP Trunking service include:
- Standard G.729 Compression that can significantly increase the number of high-quality voice circuits within a single T-1 compared with traditional Primary Rate Interfaces.
- Quality of Service capabilities that prioritize voice signals over data. When no voice signals are present, all available bandwidth can be used for data.
- VoIP-to-TDM voice conversion provided within the network, requiring less equipment for the end user.
- Unlimited and free site-to-site calling between Dynamic IP locations.
- Site-to-site voice and data sharing that is protected from the public Internet.
- Virtual Telephone Numbers to give a business a virtual presence with a ten digit phone number in any market where PAETEC offers SIP services.
Customers can also manage their own service in real-time through PAETEC’s secure online customer portal. The application now is compliance-tested by Avaya for compatibility with the IP Office 6.0.
PAETEC is a member of the Avaya DevConnect program—an initiative to develop, market and sell innovative third-party products that interoperate with Avaya technology and extend the value of a company’s investment in its network.
As a Platinum member of the program, PAETEC is eligible to submit products for compatibility testing by the Avaya Solution Interoperability and Test Lab. There, a team of Avaya engineers develops a comprehensive test plan for each application to verify whether it is Avaya compliant. Doing so ensures businesses can confidently add best-in-class capabilities to their network without having to replace their existing infrastructure—speeding deployment of new applications and reducing both network complexity and implementation costs.