More than any other type of application, VoIP quality of experience demands optimal network performance. NetQoS will address this topic during a live Q&A Webinar titled Getting a Grip on VoIP, to be held on Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2007, at noon EDT. During the free event, a panel of VoIP experts will discuss the most pressing VoIP monitoring and performance issues across the network, including:
- How is VoIP different from other applications on the network?
- How can IT professionals measure users' VoIP quality of experience?
- Why is it as important to measure call setup as it is to measure call quality?
- Does adding bandwidth solve all VoIP performance issues?
- What other network metrics impact VoIP call quality?
Topic: Getting a Grip on VoIP
- Moderator: Steven Taylor, Editor-in-Chief , Webtorials and author of the series, "VoIP State-of-the-Market Reports"
- Panelist: Dr. Jim Metzler, Vice President of Ashton, Metzler & Associates and co-founder of Kubernan™, a consulting and analyst venture guiding the
- innovative development and usage of IT products and services
- Panelist: Jim McQuaid, NetQoS Senior Product Manager, VoIP
- Panelist: Jeff Hicks, NetQoS VoIP Architect and co-author of, "Taking Charge of Your VoIP Project: Strategies and Solutions for Successful VoIP Deployments" published by Cisco Press
Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2007
Time: 9:00 a.m. PDT / 11:00 a.m. CDT / 12:00 p.m. EDT / 5:00 p.m. GMT
Register at: http://www.netqos.com/webinar/voip_monitoring/index.html
The Webinar will be archived for future download at http://www.netqos.com/resourceroom/webcasts/index.html