announced its "Fierce 15" list of the top emerging VoIP companies of 2005. This year's winners include cutting-edge businesses from across the globe whose innovative technologies are redefining the VoIP industry. Some of the winning innovations include mobile solutions, breakthroughs in network monitoring, and an advance in internet phone services.
FierceVoIP, an internationally recognized email newsletter for the VoIP industry, evaluated hundreds of emerging IP telephony firms based on the quality of their technology and management teams and their potential for exciting new partnerships, additional funding, and IPOs.
The Fierce 15 celebrates the spirit of being "fierce" - championing innovation and creativity, even in the face of intense competition.
"VoIP has come a long way in just a few years, defying the expectations of even the savviest telecom industry analysts," said John Edwards of FierceVoIP. "While no one can tell just how fast the industry will evolve over the next several years, it's safe to say that this year's Fierce 15 winners will play a major role in the shaping the industry's future."
A profile of each of the Fierce 15 companies is available in today's issue of FierceVoIP and on the FierceVoIP Web site at http://www.fiercevoip.com
FierceVoIP Fierce 15 2005 Winners:
- 1) Atreus Systems (Ottawa, Ontario)
- 2) Azulstar Networks (Grand Haven, MI)
- 3) Boingo Wireless (Santa Monica, CA)
- 4) BorderWare Technologies (Mississauga, ON, Canada)
- 5) Clearwire (Kirkland, WA)
- 6) CopperCom (Boca Raton, FL)
- 7) Empirix (Bedford, MA)
- 8) M5 Networks (New York, NY)
- 9) Meru Networks (Sunnyvale, CA)
- 10) Popular Telephony (New York and Sophia Antipolis, France)
- 11) SPIRIT DSP (Moscow, Russia)
- 12) Sylantro Systems (Campbell, CA)
- 13) TowerStream (Middletown, RI)
- 14) Veraz Networks (San Jose, CA)
- 15) Zultys Technologies (Sunnyvale, CA)
A sneak preview of the list was made available to the attendees of wVoIP 2005 Executive Summit last night in San Jose, CA. Winners were received by Edwards and FierceWireless executive editor, Stephen Wellman.
"This the second annual Fierce 15 list for FierceVoIP," said Stephen Wellman, executive editor of FierceWireless. "I am proud of John's selections. You are going to hear a lot from this year's class of the FierceVoIP Fierce 15. These companies will have an impact on this industry."