has expanded its mobile offerings with the launch of an iPhone-compatible version of its Windows-based softphone. The 3CXphone for iPhone app allows the user to make FREE VoIP calls via WiFi or 3G.
The difference between the 3CXPhone for iPhone and other “free” SIP phones for iPhones is that this app isn’t locked into a particular provider or PBX. You are given the freedom of selection, meaning that you can pick and choose your favorite provider or VoIP PBX and switch at any time or use different VoIP providers.
“3CX turns the iPhone into a perfect endpoint for a VoIP PBX,” said Nick Galea, CEO, 3CX. “When out of the office, using 3CXPhone for iPhone, users can take calls to their extension via Wifi or 3G. When in the office, 3CXPhone for iPhone turns the iPhone into a convenient and user-friendly wireless desk phone.”
Free of charge
3CXPhone for iPhone is available free of charge for commercial and nonprofit organizations as well as private users. Using the iPhone existing contact list, the app allows you to find your contacts efficiently as well as permitting the use of multiple profiles. 3CXPhone for iPhone has a toggle which allows you to switch between an internal and external PBX server and is the only free VoIP client that can perform unattended transfers.
- Fully supports the industry leading SIP standard
- G711 and GSM codec support
- Ability to transfer (blind transfer) and place calls on hold
- Internal and external server configuration in one profile
- Record and playback phone calls
- Profile Names, Caller ID, Proxy Server, STUN and NAT support
- Auto provisioning – SIP PBX’s or VoIP providers can automatically provision the 3CXPhone for iPhone app via multicast
- iOS 4.x (iPhone 3, 3Gs and 4, iTouch 3 & 4)
3CXPhone for iPhone can be downloaded via the iTunes Store. The 3CX community supports the iPhone app and the forum can be found here. 3CX Phone System users and partners can get support via their support portal account.