announces the SoundStation IP 5000 conference phone. The SoundStation IP 5000 features Polycom HD Voice and offers robust SIP-based VoIP interoperability at a price that is well within reach of organizations of all sizes. Designed specifically for the needs of private offices and small meeting rooms, the voice quality of the SoundStation IP 5000 far surpasses that of traditional desktop speaker phones.
As the conference phone market leader and provider of conference phones for the world's leading unified communications providers, Polycom is the most recognized brand in conference rooms worldwide. With the introduction of the SoundStation IP 5000, Polycom redefines what businesses can expect from VoIP conferencing endpoints in terms of price and performance. The small footprint of the SoundStation IP 5000 makes it ideal for small conference rooms and private offices. Leveraging the Polycom Open Collaboration Network strategy, the SoundStation IP conference phone family delivers a best-in-class collaboration experience that enables businesses to leverage existing UC investments as well as tightly integrated, end-to-end, standards-based solutions that deliver an unrivaled communications experience.
Features & Benefits
Pricing & Availability:
- Polycom HD Voice technology for crystal-clear calls that sound as natural as being there
- Patented Polycom Acoustic Clarity technology -- delivering the best IP conference phone experience without compromise
- Small footprint fits easily on desk or small table
- Robust VoIP interoperability -- Compatible with a broad array of SIP call platforms to maximize voice quality and feature availability while simplifying management and administration
- High-resolution display -- enables robust call information and multi-language support
- Interference resistance from mobile phones and other wireless devices while delivering clear voice conferencing with no distractions
The Polycom SoundStation IP 5000 conference phone is available through certified Polycom reseller partners at an MSRP of U.S. $599. It is expected to begin shipping in April throughout North America and Europe, and in other select countries worldwide.