announces an initiative with Westcon Group the leading specialty distributor in networking, convergence, security and mobility, to provide comprehensive VoIP/UC security solutions customized for education, healthcare, and finance.
As adoption of VoIP and UC has accelerated over the past several years, the security needs around these deployments have become increasingly apparent, including the unique security and privacy compliance needs of enterprises in various industries. Sipera and Westcon are working together to provide rapidly deployable solutions for resellers addressing enterprise customers in these vertical markets. This new initiative was made possible by the existing distribution partnership that supports Westcon's network of resellers and integrators developing solutions for target verticals using Sipera's solutions and appliances.
Among other features, the joint solutions enable:
- Protection against denial of service attacks, eavesdropping, and toll fraud, as well as reconnaissance attacks and spoofing that lead to social engineering, vishing, SWATing, ID theft and similar criminal activity
- Pandemic planning, business continuity and remote teleworker capabilities
- Compliance with HIPAA and patient privacy requirements in healthcare
- Targeted security architectures that meet FERPA privacy requirements in education
- Encryption and privacy compliance that satisfy PCI DSS, GLBA and other mandates in financial services
The Sipera UC-Sec products are comprehensive, real-time UC security and VoIP security solutions that simplify and protect next-generation communications over any network to any device. Dozens of customers around the world rely on the UC-Sec appliances to safeguard their communications and boost compliance with privacy laws, regulatory mandates and mission-critical confidentiality requirements. Backed by the extensive vulnerability research of VIPER Lab, the UC-Sec solutions provide threat protection, policy enforcement, access control and privacy in a single, real-time appliance.