plans to launch, later this year, Truphone Local Anywhere: a single-SIM, multi-country mobile service that will make any mobile call within the set of supported countries into a local call. The introduction of Truphone’s multi-country, single-SIM service will change the current experience of people with an international lifestyle. Their mobile experience is currently characterized by frustration, brought on by constantly having to juggle multiple SIM cards and mobile phones in order to minimize their mobile costs.
The company announced its plans today at the GSMA Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain (Stand 7C38).
As the world’s first true commercial multi-country mobile service, Truphone Local Anywhere will deliver low rates on their Truphone plan in any supported country – eliminating the need to maintain separate phones, switch between multiple SIMs or incur expensive roaming charges.
The new service also provides savings to people calling Truphone Local Anywhere customers as well. Friends, family or business associates can call whichever number is most convenient to the caller – making every call cost the same as a local call.
Additional Truphone Local Anywhere features and cost savings include:
- Number portability of existing mobile and landline numbers to Truphone;
- Full service multi-language customer support;
- Ability to manage their Caller ID;
- Competitive rates on domestic calls, SMS, and data in home country;
- Low cost international calling to the world from any Truphone Local Anywhere-supported country;
- Up to 80 percent savings on roaming charges when visiting other countries;
- No roaming surcharges to receive calls in most major destinations;
- TruFriends – providing even lower calling rates to call to other Truphone Local Anywhere customers;
- Additional “virtual” country mobile numbers to seem 'local' in another country so friends/colleagues can call at local rates.
- Meeting the Unique Needs of People with International Lifestyle
The Truphone Local Anywhere service is designed to meet the needs of people living an international lifestyle, such as:
- Travel industry workers including pilots, cruise ship captains or tourism professionals who travel from one country to another and who need to be in touch with people locally, in other countries and back home;
- Second home owners who want a local mobile number in both locations so they can talk to friends and family in different countries at local rates;
- Professional expatriate workers and their families who want a local mobile number in both locations so they can talk at local rates to families, friends and colleagues;
- International students who want to avoid roaming charges, but wish to maintain contact using a single phone number; and
- International business people who want a unified solution for their international communications needs as they roam from country to country.