published its completed VoIP management ebook with a new fourth chapter on unified communications. The ebook is a guide to managing VoIP quality of experience and introducing unified communications applications such as video, presence, and unified messaging on the network.
Titled “Do You See What I’m Saying? Managing VoIP Quality of Experience on Your Network
,” the ebook is written by NetQoS software architect and VoIP expert Jeff Hicks. Its chapters cover everything from an introduction to VoIP protocols to VoIP call setup and call quality performance to unified communications, with the aim of helping network and IT professionals:
- Identify key VoIP performance metrics
- Define network performance requirements for VoIP traffic
- Isolate call setup protocol details that affect performance
- Review call quality standards and where quality problems are most likely to occur
- Explore new unified communication applications, and learn how they can impact network performance
NetQoS will be giving away printed copies of the ebook during VoiceCon San Francisco at booth number 617, where the company’s VoIP and UC experts will also be demoing the latest version of NetQoS Unified Communications Monitor, launched today.