officially launches its integration with GTalk2VoIP, offering callers worldwide free international, long distance and group conference calls. Talkster’s partnership with GTalk2VoIP extends the company’s ad-supported free calling service from 34 countries to cover the entire globe.
The partnership between Talkster and GTalk2VoIP allows callers from any country in the world to leverage Google Talk to make free calls to or from anywhere else in the world. Now, if the country you are calling to or from is not included in Talkster’s network of more than 30 countries worldwide, you can simply use Google Talk to call the Talkster number provided to make your portion of the call completely free.
Especially beneficial to areas with strictly regulated VoIP and telecom practices, such as India and United Arab Emirates, using Talkster through GTalk2VoIP will let people communicate freely between mobile phones, landlines and PCs, even in countries not currently covered by Talkster’s ad supported free calling service.
GTalk2VoIP is a free and publicly open voice gateway for major instant messenger clients. It makes it possible for people to use instant messenger services, including Google Talk, to call people on regular phones, without requiring any additional software, establishing new accounts or paying any further fees.
How to use Talkster with GTalk2VoIP from your computer:
- Set-up your free Google Talk and Gmail account.
- Launch Google Talk on your desktop.
- Add friends as you normally would: click on the "Add" button to add a friend.
- Type in the phone number of the person you want to call in the following format, using their full phone number including country code and area code.
- Talkster generates a local number for your friend in the country you are calling. Your friend will use this phone number to call-in to be connected with you.
- If you are calling your friend on a mobile phone, they will receive an SMS with their Talkster call-in number for you. Otherwise, let them know the Talkster number by IM or email.
When away from their computers callers can use Talkster’s Free World Dialing with GTalk2VoIP from their mobile phones by downloading Talkonaut, a free mobile client. Callers can download the Talkonaut software at www.Talkonaut.com
. The Talkonaut mobile client works over GPRS, 3G or WiFi allowing callers to utilize their data plan if they choose. With Talkonaut, callers can use Talkster’s Free World Dialing with GTalk2VoIP to make free international, long distance, and group calls directly from their mobile phones for free.
All Talkster calls are ad-supported, so users don’t pay long distance or international calling charges, and can talk as long as they like for the cost of a single local call. Callers listen to a 10-second audio ad prior to the start of their call and their talk time is never limited or interrupted. The ads are localized with relevant offers and coupons, bringing the caller something valuable in addition to reducing their phone costs and providing excellent call quality.