announces the addition of several new speakers, vendors, pre-conference tutorials and breakout sessions at Fall 2007 VON that focus on mobile and wireless content. Now in its eleventh year, VON continues to reflect the state of the IP-communications industry -- and as such, the upcoming Fall 2007 VON event will feature more Mobile-VoIP and wireless content than ever before.
"The war on the Internet is over, in the sense that broadband is pervasive in the office, as well as in the home setting -- and today, the next steps involve making us all one-in-the-same with the Mobile Internet," said Carl Ford, VP of Content and Community at Pulvermedia. "This is the next major battle in our industry, and we'll be spending a lot of time discussing this at Fall VON."
Mobile and Wireless sessions on Tuesday, October 30th include:
- 10:00 AM - AT&T's Vice President of Product & Strategy Jeff Webber
- 11:15 AM - Senior VP and GM of Intel's Ultra Mobility Group, Anad Chandrasekher will deliver his Industry Perspective session
- 1:30 PM - the VoIP over 3G breakout session will feature: Disruptive Analysis' Dean Bubley; FirstHand Technology's David Hattey; QUALCOMM's John Hannan; Truphone's James Tagg; and Fring's Boaz Zilberman
- 3:15 PM - the 4G Wireless Mobility session will discuss numerous alternative access points: it will be led by Sprint Nextel Corp's Ali Tabassi
- 3:15 PM - the Voice over Wi-Fi Breakout session will feature Meru Network's Joe Epstein; Broadcom's Robert Franzo; Polycom's Ben Guderian; Cisco's Sherman Scholten; and the Wi-Fi Alliance's Judy Racino-Farrer
- 4:30 PM - Motorola's Corporate VP, Senior Fellow and Chief Architect Dr. Hamid Ahmadi will discuss the drive to communications convergence and its impact on the future of telecommunications
- 4:45 PM - A FemtoCell breakout session will discuss the impact to end users, and will feature Thomson's Stan Class; Samsung's Jim Parker; and several others.
On Wednesday, October 31st, additional Mobile and wireless sessions will include:
- 9:00 AM - an Industry perspective by Nokia's CTO and executive vice president Tero Ojanpera, discussing how "Mobility Makes People Matter More."
- 9:30 AM - Sprint Nextel's Ali Tabassi will deliver an Industry Perspective session entitled: "Mobilizing the Internet"
- 11:15 AM - an additional FemtoCell session will feature PicoChip's Rupert Baines, ip.access' Richard Henderson; AirWalk Communication's Serge Pequeux, and Keener Law Group's Barlow Keener
- 2:00 PM - The Wireless Founders Coalition for Innovation's Amol Sarva will deliver a session entitled," Using Wireless Open Access to Change the World."
On Thursday November 1, the Chief Technologist of Nokia's Mobile Solutions Unit, Timothy Jasionowski will participate in a session entitled "Trend Spotting," at 900 AM.
New to this year's program is the Mobile Security Conference, which runs across both expo days, discussing an array of topics including: assessing mobile threats, data leakage, and strategies for creating a mobile security policy. The premier sponsor for the Mobile Security Conference is Nokia, who is also participating in several other aspects of VON.
Lastly, a Pre-Conference "Femtocell" Tutorial is scheduled to take place from 9:00 AM until 5:00 PM on Monday, October 29th. To attend any of these sessions, or for more information about Fall VON, please visit: http://www.von.com/2007/boston/web/