announced that Oracle, the world's largest enterprise software company, selected the Plantronics Voyager 510-USB Bluetooth headset system to optimize Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) communications and provide hands-free efficiency to its global workforce.
Combining the Voyager 510-USB with a VoIP-enabled laptop and mobile phone, Oracle employees now have a single wireless headset to use across multiple applications. For example, the Voyager 510-USB allows employees to use voice commands to log into Oracle Collaboration Suite, listen to and draft new e-mails, and access calendar items, address book contacts, and other information. The result: improved efficiency through faster communications and decision making and enhanced collaboration.
"We evaluated numerous headset offerings to complement Oracle's VoIP deployment, and the Plantronics Voyager 510-USB is clearly ahead of the pack for audio performance, ease of use and style and comfort," said Mark Sunday, Senior Vice President and CIO, Oracle. "We are also very impressed with Voyager's performance with Oracle Collaboration Suite. Now employees have a single wireless headset for all of their voice and data communications."
Oracle chose to standardize on the Plantronics Voyager 510-USB for several key benefits, including:
- Clear conversations: A noise-canceling microphone and wind-reduction technology within the headset provide brilliant sound for both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Flexibility: Plantronics' proprietary multipoint technology allows Oracle users to switch between multiple Bluetooth-enabled devices, including softphones and mobile phones, with the touch of a button.
- Efficiency: Oracle employees can conduct hands-free calls up to 33-feet away from their laptop and mobile phone, providing the freedom to perform other activities in support of the call, such as researching customer data, sending an e-mail or printing a document.
- Simplicity: The system includes a plug-and-play USB adapter that eliminates cumbersome Bluetooth software setup processes, resulting in reduced IT maintenance and support costs and high employee satisfaction.
- Comfort: The headset features a lightweight, discreet design and can be worn on either ear for all-day comfort.
"Ergonomics and hands-free benefits were key factors in selecting the Voyager 510-USB," said Maria Maskiewicz, Global Corporate Procurement and IT Vendor Management, Oracle. "The headset is extremely comfortable and will help reduce neck and back pain typically associated with prolonged handset usage. Additionally, the headset is very discreet which will encourage employees to wear it frequently."
Oracle employees also benefit from Plantronics PerSonoCall software. PerSonoCall provides remote ring detection and enables users to wirelessly answer/end PC telephony calls away from their working area. By "cutting the cord" between the PC and headset, professionals have the freedom to roam, talk between conference rooms or at the printer, and be completely hands-free to multi-task and collaborate more effectively.
In addition to the Voyager 510-USB, Oracle employees are also using the Plantronics CS50-USB for VoIP calls within the office. The CS50-USB is a premium wireless VoIP system designed for in-office use that provides excellent fidelity and range. With the CS50-USB, users can have conversations and answer/end calls up to 200 feet away from their PC. The Plantronics CS50-USB includes four different wearing styles and one-touch call management convenience. The CS50-USB also comes with PerSonoCall software for remote ring detection and call answer/end.
For more information about Plantronics' VoIP-ready products, please visit: http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/voip/