U.S. Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone service provider, Lingo
, announced that its customers will now have the opportunity to add local phone numbers in Israel to their VoIP phone service. Lingo is offering phone numbers associated with Israel's most densely populated business and cultural center, Tel-Aviv. This enables the thriving U.S. Israeli-American community to stay in touch with family and business contacts in Israel without the high cost of overseas calling.
Phone numbers associated with Tel-Aviv have been made available to new and existing Lingo VoIP customers. Israel, which has a large immigrant population in the U.S., is a top fifteen calling destination for Lingo customers.
With this announcement, Lingo subscribers can now select phone numbers from over 300 major U.S. markets, and international phone numbers from over 30 cities in 14 foreign countries -- more domestic and international coverage than offered by the other major U.S. VoIP providers.
Now, U.S. Lingo customers, who have relatives or colleagues residing in Israel, can select a phone number for use with their VoIP service that is "local" to Tel-Aviv, Israel. Then, their family and friends in Tel-Aviv can use the phone number to place a call to the Lingo customer at the price of an in-country, local call.
With today's announcement, Lingo "International Universal Numbers" are currently available for the following cities outside of the continental United States:
* Argentina - Buenos Aires
* Australia - Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
* Brazil - Belo Horizonte, Curitiba, Florianopolis, Fortaleza, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro
* Canada - Toronto, Vancouver
* Guatemala - Guatemala City
* Hong Kong
* Israel - Tel-Aviv
* Italy - Milan, Rome
* Japan - Tokyo
* Mexico - Mexico City, Monterrey, Guadalajara
* Puerto Rico - Caparra (San Juan)
* South Korea - Seoul
* Spain - Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona, Tenerife
* U.K. - London
Lingo customers may sign up online for two additional phone numbers on their Lingo VoIP service. In addition to selecting an International Universal Number for Israel and other countries, they also have the opportunity to transfer their existing phone number to their new Lingo VoIP service, or to select a U.S. Universal Number from over 220 area codes.
LINGO CALLING PLANS
Lingo VoIP phone service plans, all offering unlimited phone calls to other Lingo subscribers, and all made available free for the first month, include:
* Unlimited Plan for $21.95 - Unlimited calling to U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico and Western Europe, plus all calling features.
* Basic Plan for $14.95 -- 500 outgoing calling minutes to U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, plus all calling features.
* Lingo Link for $7.95 -- Unlimited calling between Lingo customers from anywhere in the world, plus all calling features.
* Business Unlimited Plan for $49.95 -- Unlimited calls to U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, plus a dedicated fax line and great calling features for small businesses.
* International for $34.95 - Unlimited calling to U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico plus 300 minutes to over 30 international countries.
* Asia International for $34.95 -- Unlimited calling to U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico plus 300 minutes to many Asian countries, and all calling features.