is pleased to announce that it has completed initial beta testing of its proprietary and leading edge intelligent "Soft Switch" VoIP network framework and five specific patents acquired from Digifonica International Limited.
Voip-Pal can now begin to target VoIP based equipment manufacturers, cellular telecommunications carriers, Network Service Providers, Telecommunications Service Providers and Cable Operators as potential Licensees of its patent portfolio.
Voip-Pal believes that the newly acquired proprietary framework and intellectual property can provide large scale VoIP equipment manufacturers and NSPs with a unique product offering that protects their corporate identity and provides unique, market leading products and solutions to their subscribers. For example, through Voip-Pal's licensed technology, today's Licensee can enable a WiFi/WiMax enabled cellular phone to "roam" between WiFi antenna's (even on the same network).
The VoIP industry has identified five specific patents which contain competitive and licensable technologies. A further explanation of each patent is as follows:
- 1.Rating-Billing-Routing engine: (Producing routing messages for VoIP communications): RBR allows new Licensees to perform subscriber management from their own existing subscriber management and billing platforms. This series of patented technologies allow Licensees to setup and deploy Digital Voice solutions virtually anywhere in the world in a matter of days, without fear of infringing on mainstream VoIP patents. (see Verizon/Vonage litigation)
- 2.Lawful Intercept (Intercepting VoIP communications and other data communications): Lawful Intercept is a revolutionary technology that addresses the national and international demands by governments to enable law agencies the ability to perform scheduled and live intercepts (wiretaps) on Digital Voice telephone conversations. Network Service providers such as Skype may soon want to be in compliance with government regulations regarding Lawful Intercept.
- 3.Enhanced 911 ("Emergency Assistance calling for VoIP communications): This is a patented technology which allows for Short Code/Emergency Dialing; in other words, the ability to enable true Emergency Calling solutions to Digital Voice subscribers.
- 4.Mobile Gateway: This patent is designed to allow a single subscriber device to connect automatically to WiFi/WiMax and other wireless data connections.
- 5.Uninterrupted Transmission of Internet Protocol Transmissions during Endpoint Changes: This patent allows the transfer of in-session digital voice calls between disparate wireless technologies, enabling subscribers to roam seamlessly between different WiFi, WiMAX, 3G and 4G antenna technologies without losing a call.