Telefónica Germany is deploying Acme Packet's
solutions for the next-generation signaling core, including the Net-Net Session Router and Net-Net Diameter Director, to support its fixed-line VoIP, 3G mobile network, and future Long Term Evolution services.
- Acme Packet's Net-Net Session Router and Net-Net Diameter Director provide a solution for SIP and Diameter routing for Telefónica Germany's current fixed VoIP and mobile network, as well as its future LTE network.
- Telefónica Germany chose the recently announced Net-Net 7000 platform, which delivers high-performance processing through a highly scalable solution.
- The solution protects Telefónica Germany's core IP Multimedia Subsystem and Diameter servers from overloads, assuring service availability, while solving incompatibility challenges between vendors and networks with programmable interworking features.
- This deployment also builds on Acme Packet's IMS service delivery and SIP interconnect solutions, which were previously chosen by Telefónica Germany.
- Cost-effective scalability and reduced complexity for the next-generation signaling core
- Protected network and high service availability
- Fast time-to-market for LTE and IMS services
- Reduced costs by seamlessly unifying distinct parts of the network