announced its innovative VoIP security solutions enable rapid and simple compliance with new guidance issued by the industry council for payment card privacy.
Earlier this month, the PCI Security Standards Council issued new guidance to protect credit card and payment card information in telephone-based transactions, including VoIP. The guidance advises businesses that handle credit cards to ensure the privacy and encryption of VoIP communications carrying cardholder data, and to control archiving and monitoring of these communications in compliance with PCI Data Security Standard rules.
Sipera's award-winning security appliance solution provides comprehensive application-layer security for VoIP, enabling an enterprise to implement these important security controls simply and easily.
Pre-integrated and interoperable with enterprise VoIP infrastructure from all leading manufacturers, Sipera's UC-Sec provides a complete application-layer security architecture for VoIP and UC in one simple appliance. The UC-Sec enables an enterprise to comply with the PCI SSC guidance on VoIP security with these capabilities:
- Provides application-layer encryption and privacy to any supporting end-point.
- Forks both signaling and media for monitoring and recording of clear traffic, even when it is encrypted, enabling centralized call recording and simpler architectures.
- Enables full privacy of communications to remote call centers, and teleworkers, traveling workers, with no VPN appliances or concentrators to configure and manage.
- Safely supports SIP trunks with the industry's best protection against toll fraud, eavesdropping and intrusion.
- Supports advanced access control and user authentication, including clientless two-factor authentication, for VoIP phones.
- Enables compliant VoIP and Unified Communications to VoIP phones, smartphones, soft-clients, video phones and other devices.
- Complements an existing security architecture and compliance processes, including firewalls, IDS/IPS and other functions.
Sipera also offers the breakthrough E-SBC solution, a highly cost-effective enterprise Session Border Controller. The E-SBC enables enterprises to adopt low-cost SIP trunks to decrease telecom costs, while enhancing the security architecture and preparing the enterprise for advanced Unified Communications applications.